Committed to better energy, over 98, 000 employees help throughout the world to provide the Group’s customers with products and services that are safer, more affordable, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to the greatest number of people.
Total puts Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) at the heart of its activities and conducts its operations according to the following principles of :
- protecting the safety and security of people and its facilities;
- limiting its environmental footprint;
- ensuring that its Code of Conduct is applied in its sphere of operations;
- incorporating the challenges of sustainable development in the exercise of its activities;
- increasing its local operations by placing dialogue with its stakeholders at the heart of its policy and contributing to the economic and social development of the regions where the Group has operations with the objective of creating shared value;
- promoting equal opportunities and fostering diversity and cultural mix among its personnel.
Institute Lecca is a social institution created in 2003 with the purpose of investing in the education of children and young people from low-income families. Its main objective is to improve their lives through education by making them better citizens in the future.
Supporting the education of professionals of tomorrow
Total in Brazil initiated in 2015 a partnership with Institute Lecca supporting the Program Estrela Dalva (Dalva Star). Estrela Dalva supports the training of young people in Rio de Janeiro and encourages volunteerism among employees of the company. The program selects gifted children from low-income families, usually living in disadvantaged communities of Rio de Janeiro, and prepares them to join schools and public universities of excellence.
Fiat Automóveis, a leading Brazil-based automotive manufacturer, is one of Hutchinson's largest customers. The partnership between the two companies has grown even more in the last four years with the supply of coolant hoses, precision molded parts, belts and sealing systems.
This partnership includes a co-design work through which the two companies work together to develop solutions to meet the specific needs of Fiat products.